B is for Blush • ABC's of Beauty Series

There are so many pretty things that start with B - Blush, Bronzer, Beauty, Benefit, Bobbi Brown.... But I've decided to go for the category that I'm the most passionate about - Blush. My collection is fairly limited compared to most beauty bloggers, but in my dream collection I would have at least thirty!






Today, I wanted to share my top 3 with you. You'll notice that 2 out of the 3 are drugstore blushes, but I promise that I didn't just throw them in to make my picks more affordable or seem more relatable. Nope. These are legit favorites. These blushes are currently the best from my makeup drawer, and make me feel super pretty.


Sleek Blusher by 3 in Lace

They ship internationally (very cheaply), they've got drugstore prices, and their blushes are freaking pigmented. That does mean that you need to apply them with a light hand, especially if you're as pale as I am. If you have darker skin tones, these might just be your holy grail blushes. In fact, Sleek as a whole gets 50 extra beauty points for catering to diverse skin tones.

Sleek Blush By 3

Shades: Crochet (Matte), Guipure (Shimmer), Chantilly (Matte)






See? You see how gorgeously pigmented those shades are? If you dip your brush in them 5 times and swirl before going in for the cheek swipe, you might even look terrifying. But... one quick swipe and a little blending not only gets the job done, it also gives you the opportunity to build up to your heart's desire. Plus, the fact that you only need to use a very little bit, means they'll last longer! :)



H&M Make Me Blush 15 Bronze

I've gone on and on about this blush several times now, so I'll spare you my little monologue of love. But to sum it up: Cheap, highly pigmented, super flattering, shimmery NOT glittery, healthy glow, would not recommend as an actual bronzer - it's a blush!





NARS Luster Blush

Perfect everyday blush that goes with everything and doesn't make it look like I'm actually wearing blush. My cheek bones just magically look slighted lifted and dewy (thanks to the super fine almost-there shimmer), yet not too made up. I'll try to sport this in a video soon so that you can see what I mean.

That being said, it is not as pigmented as my other loves above. It's perfect for my NC15 skin, but I imagine that it wouldn't show up at all on darker skin tones.

Can't say that for sure though as Laurent is still adamant against me testing products out on him. ;) "It's just a swatch dear. You can wash it off afterwards!" No luck so far.


H&M 15 Bronze Blush on Left - Nars Luster Blush on Right







If you missed last week's post, I chatted about cystic acne - it was glamorous.
_________________________________________________________________


What are your favorite blushes?
Any recommendations for blushes that are worth investing in?


Comments

Popular Posts