My (Late) New Year's Objectives

To me, New Years Resolutions are things that you're just terribly resolved to complete and that change who you are as a person. I don't know why, but they've always just seemed so serious to me.

This year I feel like some of the things that I'd like to try in 2014 are a little bit superficial or unimportant to anyone other than me. So I'm just grouping all the things I want to do together and calling them objectives this time around.



Save up and buy a fancy camera. 

I don't want to spend months and months intensively studying every photography tutorial I can find on Pinterest. I don't even want to be a photographer. It's just not my passion in life. But I do want to take better pictures. I want to learn the ins and outs very slowly and at my own pace so that I can make our favorite memories last longer.


Look more put together
Normally, I don't look too shabby. My clothes usually match and my hair is brushed. But I'd really like to step it up this year. I want to be a bit more brave in the fashion and make up department. Up until recently, I would only buy clothes when I desperately needed them, and I would buy the cheapest version of whatever I was looking for. I still want to be frugal, but I'd like to look well put together more often - find my personal style. I'm 23 so it's probably about time.


Wear Lipstick
From time to time. It makes me feel sassy.


Find the best Galette des Rois in my city

If you don't know what a Galette des Rois (King Cake) is, you can read about them here. There are several different kinds, but basically you need to try the one filled with creamy almond paste (frangipane). It's to die for. Laurent and I counted last night and we've eaten 5 so far. That's how much we love them. Unfortunately, I learned this year that not all Galettes are created equal. In fact, some are right out terrible. But when they are well made they are absolutely divine! Definitely worth looking for.

French King's Cake - Galette des Rois


Make a Vlog
I think they're really fun, and I love when my favorite bloggers do one from time to time. Plus it's always funny to see what someone's voice sounds like for the first time. This won't be up for a little while though, because I'm not sure how of the logistics of that are going to work out. Any tips? Suggestions?

Eat 5 fruits & veggies a day

Get more flexible
I used to be able to do the splits. What happened?!

Try a new food every week
There's so much weird cool food that I've never tried before in the grocery store here. I tend to go for the foods that I'm already comfortable cooking with, and that's really a shame. I've been missing out on lots of goodies, like the blueberry flavored pasta below. That's on next week's grocery list. :)


Foreign foods you need to try - Blueberry Pasta
I haven't tried these yet, but Sandy tells me they're delicious!


.......................

See how light hearted and not very resolution-y those were?
What are you hoping to do in the new year?

Comments

Popular Posts